Windows live mail advice please

GBL 18:13 01 Apr 2010

How do I select which signature to add to messages in OE I just selected signature and then I could chose which one to add, I can't get my head around Windows Live, it always uses the default regardless of having others in the file.

Sea Urchin 18:55 01 Apr 2010

Set your signatures up in Tools - Options - Signatures tab. Then when writing your message go to Insert - Signature and select the signature you want to use.

GBL 19:12 01 Apr 2010

That is what I do but it still inserts the default and will not let me choose which one I want.

GBL 19:15 01 Apr 2010

Should have said this is on reply messages not new ones. I have it set to do not add signatures to replies or forwards as I do not want them on forwarded messages.

Sea Urchin 19:19 01 Apr 2010

When you click on Insert and Signature in the message do you have the various options displayed?

Possibly you have the wrong box checked. Go to Tools - Options - Signatures tab and make sure the box beside Add Signatures to all outgoing messages is NOT ticked - click Apply and OK.

GBL 19:24 01 Apr 2010

Itwas ticked and I have not taken that off, but when I reply to a message it doesn't allow me to choose which one it inserts the default

Sea Urchin 19:43 01 Apr 2010

Sorry - didn't see your posting about replies. On replies unfortunately you can only select the default signature.

GBL 19:55 01 Apr 2010

That would explain it, thanks. Shame MS don't ask users what they want.
Take care.

Sea Urchin 20:18 01 Apr 2010

Yes, it seems to be a backward step

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?