Windows launch problem (help needed)

adonissherlock 19:56 13 Jan 2017

Hi, I have a problem with my windows (duh)... Whenever I launch my computer, i get the error 0xc00000e9. Now, whenever I restart my pc (with the windows cd in or not) I always get the same message, and thus cannot repair my windows following the instructions given on the error screen. However, if I go into my bios first, and then hit "discard changes and reset", it will load windows normally. Is there a solution to this? I am ready to give any information needed about my computer's specs if it helps. Thank you ^^.

Burn-it 01:24 14 Jan 2017

More info would help. What Windows version? The rest of the error that is shown. Some clue as to make and model of your machine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 14 Jan 2017

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CD first? If not it will boot from the hard drive and give you the same message.

adonissherlock 17:23 15 Jan 2017

Burn-it- My computer runs windows 7. As for the rest of the error, my windows simply says that it could not be booted properly because of a peripheral error, if my memory is correct. I have a Z87-A motherboard and am running windows on an ADATA SP550 SSD, i also have a hard drive, though I can't seem to find the box so I couldn't tell you the exact model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Far Cry New Dawn preview

Adobe buys Substance Painter and Designer to bring 3D tools to Creative Cloud

How to stop your iPhone, iPad or Mac getting hacked

Comment regarder les Oscars 2019 ?