Windows launch problem (help needed)

adonissherlock 19:56 13 Jan 2017

Hi, I have a problem with my windows (duh)... Whenever I launch my computer, i get the error 0xc00000e9. Now, whenever I restart my pc (with the windows cd in or not) I always get the same message, and thus cannot repair my windows following the instructions given on the error screen. However, if I go into my bios first, and then hit "discard changes and reset", it will load windows normally. Is there a solution to this? I am ready to give any information needed about my computer's specs if it helps. Thank you ^^.

Burn-it 01:24 14 Jan 2017

More info would help. What Windows version? The rest of the error that is shown. Some clue as to make and model of your machine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 14 Jan 2017

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CD first? If not it will boot from the hard drive and give you the same message.

adonissherlock 17:23 15 Jan 2017

Burn-it- My computer runs windows 7. As for the rest of the error, my windows simply says that it could not be booted properly because of a peripheral error, if my memory is correct. I have a Z87-A motherboard and am running windows on an ADATA SP550 SSD, i also have a hard drive, though I can't seem to find the box so I couldn't tell you the exact model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

42 Tips for How to Make Digital Artworks That Look Hand-made

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)