Windows Explorer not responding and closes when i try to cut+paste?

buel 21:44 07 Nov 2011

Hi, my Pc is Vista and whenever i try to cut and paste or delete anything Windows explorer restarts ever time? Please can someone advise what to do? Thank you.

buel 05:20 08 Nov 2011

hello, anyone?

buel 05:22 08 Nov 2011

Also, now no external devices are being recognised? I've run, avg, superantispyware and malwarebytes too and superantispyware found a few items but it's still not fixed the problems?

buel 08:33 08 Nov 2011

Hi, there are no restore points as id turned off system restore last week to scan for nasties. I tried cmd and then scannow, is that the same?

buel 18:17 08 Nov 2011

Hi, i did scannow last night but am doing it again right now. I see that i also got redirected to 'ebay' whilst clicking on one of your Google links/searches you privided me with. I have also got redirected when i have used Firefox/IE today too. Maybe an infection is to blame for both problems?

Come to think of it, last night i downloaded a perfectly legit (i thought?) programme called BDlot DVD ISO Master to copy a DVD i have. I used the 'convert to ISO' option and it created a winzip folder which i unzipped and it kept unzipping and wouldn't complete and filled up my hard drive, this is when i tried to delete the file and came across the problem with Windows Explorer!

Does this help please?

buel 18:21 08 Nov 2011

Update:No integrity violations found!! Grrrr.

buel 18:24 08 Nov 2011

Update: getting redirected almost every time i search Google now!!

buel 19:16 08 Nov 2011

Sorry, what i meant was Malwarebytes did find a few things last night but i have restarted since and done more scans. Maybe do them (Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and AVG) in safe mode would help?

buel 19:57 08 Nov 2011

Hello?

buel 20:54 08 Nov 2011

AHA!!! I've just restarted and got this: http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/craigten/exploit.jpg

Does this help please?

buel 21:40 08 Nov 2011

Please can anyone help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 review

Apple has upgraded the iMac to make it twice as fast – and given the iMac Pro a quiet bump too

New iMac 2019 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

iMac 2019 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique