Windows Explorer crashes

ria 16:11 23 Apr 2006

Could someone give me an idea what I can do about my Computer apart from reformatting the hard drive. I think something might have hijacked it. The Computer has gotten extremely slow and Windows Explorer regularly crashes. Some of the Icons disappear in the taskbar after a crash and I am not sure if my Anti Virus Program is still running. After sending the error report to Microsoft and following the link for possible solutions I am told to check for viruses. I have done this several times. I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and Windows Defender (which I have set up to automated updates) running. I also scanned my Computer with Ad-Aware, Spybot-Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster and I send my log file twice to the HijackThis website, but didn’t get a reply.
One other thing is also wrong; but I think this might be something else. I get lots of strange e-mail retuned to me, I haven’t even sent, saying that they couldn’t be delivered for various reasons. I would be grateful for any tips how I can solve this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf