I gather this problem has something to do with "ActiveX controls", - whatever they are.
Any ideas how to get round this, please.
I don't like Windows Explorer 9, but other people use it so websites such as that mentioned above need to work.
This gets confusing. Yes, I am using Windows INTERNET Explorer 9. But I have a 64-bit PC so presumably am using the 64-bit version of IE9. I'll check about having the latest Java update.
But it seems odd that things work fine in Firefox and Chrome but not IE9.
Active scripting is enabled, and still my IE9 won't open the page in a new window.
If the URL of the page is entered into the menu bar on its own, however, the page opens up.
I've tried this for other webpages where, say, there is a link to a Guest Book page wich opens in a new window. The page won't display by selecting the link, but WILL display if the page URL is entered.
For the time-being, I'm just to give this up as a bad job. I normally don't use IE9 any more than I can help, but I need to sort this one out simply because the problem occurs on a website I run for a church, - and I don't want the people using that website to experience the same problem.
My next tack will be to run IE9 on another computer and rigorously compare security settings.
Should I find the answer to this problem, I will certainly post it here!