Windows Error

Hughesy 09:42 04 Sep 2006

Hi Guys,

I don't know whether further action is required to this, could you please advise me?

After leaving my pc for a while, it came up with the error blue screen with this code:

STOP: 0x000000F4, (0x00000003, 0x864BA3co, 0x864BAS34, 0x80604478)

I managed to back up my data, but then couldn't boot into normal mode (this message kept appearing). I booted into safe mode and then used system restore, and now it seems to laod OK into windows.

Do you think I need to do anything else?

My PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo T running windows XP SP2

Steven

Gongoozler 10:17 04 Sep 2006

Hi Hughesy. The fact that you were able to boot into Safe Mode tells us that your problem was caused by something - a program or driver - that was loading at startup. Some of the worst offenders in this respect are badly written adware. I think that all you need do now is to do a thorough scan for viruses and malware. Assuming that you already have a good antivirus running, try an online scan with Ewido click here to see if something is lurking in the background. Also have a look at what programs are loading at startup via Start - Run, msconfig - Startup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?