Windows Edge Freezes & Crashes

Scrivers 12:34 07 Jun 2017

I tried to make Google the start page in Windows Edge. Since then it crashes before I can do anything with it. I can't even get into it to reverse the changes I've made. Restarting doesn't fix it. Can anyone advise on how to repair it. I've only been using it because Chrome started freezing after the Creators Update.

MJS WARLORD 17:27 08 Jun 2017

i got same after creator update . if you try to make google search your home page it says page not found and you cant even alter home page in settings as it is greyed out..... i do have a solution , let edge open then go to google search page and once that is loaded put in on a bookmark or short cut tab... next time you open edge click the short cut and go straight to google search.... i dont know any other way but it works for me.

Scrivers 21:58 08 Jun 2017

Thanks MJS Warlord, edge won't stay up long enough for me to do anything with it now. After just a few seconds it crashes & shuts down completely. I've tried a couple of tricks to re-install edge, but they haven't worked. I'm back with Chrome now. It's a new version & is a bit better, but still freezes occasionally

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)