Windows Critical Updates

Nick Dalton 10:18 06 Jul 2004

I've run this recently & have 3 critical updates to install. Reviewed & installed. Got a sucessful installation message. But when I run the update again I still get told to download the same 3 critical updates ....any ideas?

sattman 19:57 06 Jul 2004

When you go look "updates installed" does it see the three as installed.?

Nick Dalton 11:07 08 Jul 2004

Yes it does. The updates are all about windows explorer version 6 but I think I'm version 5 thought not sure how to tell could this be the reason?

ventanas 11:09 08 Jul 2004

Help menu\About will give you the version.

Cook2 11:12 08 Jul 2004

Try Big Fix click here
and see what it comes up with. You may have to cut and paste the link.

Nick Dalton 11:16 08 Jul 2004

so if the version is 5 or 5.5 as I suspect (as I've had messages saying they detect version 5 & can speed me up) I have a few questions:-

Why would update offer patches for version 6?
Should I go to version 6 & how do I do that...use this sites download area?

thanks for advice

Nick Dalton 09:14 09 Jul 2004

reviewed it last night & it is version 6 . So does anyone know why I can't get past these 3 patches?

bgc2668 09:37 09 Jul 2004

Try instaling them one at a time, maybe it is just one that is causing the problem.

sattman 08:45 10 Jul 2004

Somewhere microsoft advises if problems install each one seperataly and maybe rebooting each time

sattman 08:57 10 Jul 2004

Looking at the thread again - From the information you give It would seem that you are on version 6 and that you have the latest patches.

I am aware that microsoft update has a bug where search for patches can advise that you require when in fact you allready have them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?