Windows is causing issues with my RAM ?!

JordanMihailov 17:38 19 Dec 2016

Hi guys, my problem is that Windows uses too much RAM while in Idle. I have 16GB of ram and quite often it fills up to 99%. 60-80% RAM usage is quite often even just few tabs in the explorer are open :( This issue appears in win 7 and win 10. Thank you in advance:)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 19 Dec 2016

have a look in system processes to see exactly what is using th memory

Burn-it 19:39 19 Dec 2016

It is supposed to in some respects. It will use as much as there is and will manage that use. If something else needs some, it will release it. Most OSs will use as much ram as is available. They will allocate larger and more buffers to help things run faster and more smoothly. There is only really a problem if it stops other things from getting enough.

Forum Editor 12:20 20 Dec 2016

"Windows uses too much RAM while in Idle"

RAM is there to be used, and as Burn-it says, there's no problem about that. Windows 10 manages RAM differently to previous versions - it uses RAM compression, which can increase the amount available by up to 60% in some circumstances.

There's no need to worry about the way Windows manages RAM, as long as your applications are running OK.

JordanMihailov 16:38 20 Dec 2016

I looked at the processes but nothing suspicious! In task manager i can't see anything that comes even close to that kind of usage. For me it's something else:(

JordanMihailov 09:27 24 Dec 2016

People say this could be a driver issue! How can i find out if that is the case?

JordanMihailov 16:29 16 Jan 2017

Finally I fixed my problem simply by reinstalling windows and going back to win 10  Even when I open few tabs both from firefox and chrome still no more than 3 gb of memory usage.
This problem is fixed but now audio problem rises with realtek codec not supporting dts in win 10  Gonna swallow it and move forward  Thank you for your opinions and help. Cheers Result: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?