Windows 8.1 ASUS Laptop stuck on update screen

WolfArmyGod 01:54 12 May 2017

A while ago, my laptop's power button broke/slid off, as it is way inside the computer made of glass plastic material, so the sponges inside holding it, came apart. The button is not on the actual button within the laptop to actually turn it on and off. I decided to restart my laptop yesterday, since it was being slow with these random windows task manager things taking all the space up. Now it's just on the loading screen. "Keep your PC on until this is done... Installing update 1 of 3..." It's been like this for 2 days already. What now?

wee eddie 02:13 12 May 2017

Is on Battery or Mains Power?

wee eddie 02:14 12 May 2017

WolfArmyGod 02:15 12 May 2017

What do you mean? Does it have a battery? Yes it does, and it uses a charger. But if I take the battery out, I won't be able to turn it back on..

wee eddie 02:15 12 May 2017

wee eddie 02:16 12 May 2017

WolfArmyGod 02:41 12 May 2017

Both...?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:40 12 May 2017

Normally its bad news to switch off while its installing updates. but if its been stuck for two days then power off wait a few minutes and power on again.

Hopefully it will either carry on with the updates or boot straight into windows.

wee eddie 10:07 12 May 2017

Sorry, my phone was playing up. No idea what it was doing to do so many postings

wee eddie 10:09 12 May 2017

If you only had it on the battery, the installation might have been stopped to save power when the battery becomes close to flat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)