Hot Topics

Windows 8 Recovery Media

Taff™ 16:14 03 Nov 2012

Just managed to mess up my first Win 8 setup and can't access the Windows system. Can someone point me to a download for recovery media. (64 bit)?

Taff™ 21:53 03 Nov 2012

Done it so many times that I couldn't believe Win8 was a risk. Got complacent I guess. Up till now so many PC's and laptops with 500 Gb HDD's are split 50/50 so data can be stored on the "D" drive. This Lenovo is one partition (Apart from the various minute partitions outlined above which amount to 1 GB)

I think it's going back to PCW tomorrow and see if their techies can give me a Win8 recovery media. Otherwise a straight replacement.

Taff™ 23:00 03 Nov 2012

Glug! Thanks rdave13, thought I was on my own for a minute although I shall as Brumas says "retire for the night" shortly. I didn't use Ubuntu to redefine the partitions. Like you I used a Windows environment partition manager. As you say Windows 8 works slightly differently - give me Vista every time! (Glug!)

Taff™ 08:42 05 Nov 2012

Well I gave up on this setup and the machine went back to PCW. Techguys didn't have a rescue disk or USB memory stick rescue device. Simply exchanged the tower. Very courteous service with no fuss at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Celebrate all those times brands took a stand (for good PR)

New iPad Pro (2020) release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2020)