Hot Topics

Windows 8 problems with downloading

davecooper 08:23 08 Jan 2015

I have been struggling to download apps and updates into my Windows 8.1 PC. I had problems downloading apps for a Satnav and a Garmin cycle computer. I eventually managed to load these by disabling the User LUA flag in the registry. However, iTunes will not download, whatever I do. When I click on Download, nothing happens, nothing asking me if I want to Run or Save the installer. I also noticed that some installed programs such as Firefox do not seem to be able to download updates.

Although hese issues are not causing me any major problems at the moment, I am sure that the inability to download anything is going to give me grief before too long. I have Norton Internet Security loaded and I have set my Pop Up blocker to Medium. Any advice welcome.

davecooper 09:39 08 Jan 2015

I've tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Is there another worth trying?

davecooper 08:27 09 Jan 2015

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

davecooper 18:56 09 Jan 2015

Strangely, the iTunes installer (exe) file can be downloaded and saved without a problem from other sites other than the official apple site. However, these are detected as a threat by Norton and deleted from the download folder. So it seems like it is only the official site that I cannot download from!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

The Best Keyboards for Designers and Artists

Appification is the real threat to the Mac

Bon plan Amazon : l’aspirateur robot RoboVac L70 Hybrid de Eufy à 379,99 €