Windows 7 - start up repair offline error message

computer1234 11:28 12 May 2018

I tried booting my Win 7 64 bit recovery disc (aka system repair disc) but in the second screen where it tells you to select an operating system, it is blank! I attempted to add hard disk drivers but i couldn't figure out how.

So i pressed next and got to the screen with various options. I selected "Startup Repair" but that won't work.

It says that "startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically",

The error details are as follows:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 0.0.0.0

Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 0

Problem Signature 05: unknown

Problem Signature 06: 1

Problem Signature 07: unknown

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

So i can't do any type of recovery to repair my Windows 7. Would finding the appropriate hard disk driver in the beginning of the startup repair process (the second screen) be a solution to be able to select the appropriate OS to fix? if so, how?

What else can I do besides backing up all my important files and reinstalling everything? I'd really like to "fix" this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus