windows 7 home premium not updating

hubdean 13:55 18 Dec 2015

hi all after reinstalling windows 7 home premium window will not up date tried most thing I can find on net to fix this but no luck anyone help?????

difarn 14:21 18 Dec 2015

I assume that you have checked your install updates settings to ensure that they are being downloaded.

Have you tried disconnecting from internet, going to update settings, clicking on change settings, under important updates click download updates but let me choose whether to download and install them?

I recently put in a new hard drive and installed Windows 7 Home premium and I had the same problem initially. Eventually the updates started to appear and I installed them in batches of ten - took quite a while.

I assume that you have tried this Microsoft fixit?

click here so and it didn't fix it did you make a note of the error code(s).

If

hubdean 14:43 18 Dec 2015

HI Yes tried Microsoft fix disconnecting from internet, going to update settings, clicking on change settings, under important updates click download updates but let me choose whether to download and install them? I will try this thanks for your help

hubdean 14:51 18 Dec 2015

hi tried disconnecting from internet, going to update settings, clicking on change settings, under important updates click download updates but let me still nothing but was worth a go thanks

difarn 15:09 18 Dec 2015

Have you used the System Update Readiness Tool?

click here you tried doing this:-

Open Windows Update Click on Change Settings change settings to 'Never Update' and reboot. Go back and change the settings back to Automatic and reboot. Try a check for Windows Updates again.

Have

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:46 18 Dec 2015

Check Back ground intelligent service (BITS) is running

type services.msc and scroll down to see if it has started.

hubdean 18:25 18 Dec 2015

hi downloaded System Update Readiness Tool all its doing is looking for updates????? thanks again

difarn 18:43 18 Dec 2015

Have you tried my suggestion in the second part of that post relating to changing settings to never update, rebooting, changing back and rebooting?

hubdean 19:39 18 Dec 2015

Hi I will give it a go And let you know Thanks

[DELETED] 20:33 18 Dec 2015

Download and save Windows Update Diagnostic . diagcab from here . Click the 'Run now' link but save it.

Close all programs and run the trouble-shooter then reboot. See if Windows Update is repaired.

Devil Fish 23:22 18 Dec 2015

not wishing to state the obvious but have you activated windows 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?