windows 7 acer aspire laptop problem

joetheghost 12:49 18 Mar 2018

I am trying to get into show user name,so I caan change the password but the list of options in Safe mode doesnot show user name as an option.The start up screen also does not show any start button.

Forum Editor 12:51 18 Mar 2018

Why Safe Mode?

Just start the computer normally, and go to control panel/user accounts and make your change there.

joetheghost 13:32 18 Mar 2018

The only function I have is to get into F8 as the screen only shows wallpaper and an invitation to log in.I don,t have a Start option showing either.I need to be able to crerate an Administrator account.I have tyried to get into Safe mode then Networking and also command prompt,these both lead me to the login welcome page

Forum Editor 14:47 18 Mar 2018

I'm not understanding this - if you have a login screen, why don't you do that?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)