Windows 7 account access issue

Fede.ga 18:38 09 Nov 2015

Hello everyone, I start saying that I am still quite a lay in the IT world, but I was hoping someone could answer my question. Last week I broke the screen of my laptop. I thought of changing it myself but since I care a lot about this pc I decided to take it to a pc repair shop. They replaced the screen with a new one, but when I tried to access my windows account (still in the shop) it wouldn't let me in as it states that the password is incorrect. Now, I tried to access my account just before bringing the laptop to the shop to check that there were no issues with the hard disks (I've got a ssd for the programs and a normal hard disk for the data) and could log in without any problems. The IT technician couldn't provide any explanations and I am pretty sure that the OS cannot reset a password itself (I presume that if there was a problem with the hard disk, this would be rebooting, not accessing a single account). What do you think the cause could be? Has the technician done something wrong?? What should I do? Thank you in advance for any advice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs ├ęcouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)