Windows 7 64 bit shows red cross on network icon

zillah2004 11:23 16 Apr 2018

Dear folk

My desktop windows 7 64 bit was working fine til I walked up yesterday and there was a red cross on the network icon!!!

Ethernet cable working fine as when i hooked it to my laptop everything is working fine , means problem lies within the desktop and nothing wrong with cable or router port.

Troubleshoot that I had done so far :

Restarted desktop 3 times, uninstalled LAN driver, connected new Ethernet cable

What else I need to check to find out what is going on ?

Thanks

Govan1x 12:40 16 Apr 2018

In network Connections is it switched off. If so click on it and then click on Enable this network device.If still having problems click on Diagnose this connection and see if that helps.

Or troubleshoot in control panel network and internet. see if that helps.

All things to try till someone can give you the proper information that you need.

or switch off the router for 20 seconds and on again see if that fixes it.

davidkazgar 18:43 16 Apr 2018

As we all know Printer is A major device for Our Office/Commercial work, But sometimes error makes trouble in working with Printer, Canon printer Support team are here to helps you and boost up your printer's performance by resolving your issues.

davidkazgar 18:45 16 Apr 2018

As we all know Printer is A major device for Our Office/Commercial work, But sometimes error makes trouble in working with Printer, Canon Printer Support team are here to helps you and boost up your printer's performance by resolving your issues.

wee eddie 20:32 16 Apr 2018

DK is a Spammer - FE told

zillah2004 21:15 16 Apr 2018

Thanks guys for your help What i did I shutdown desktop and unplug power cable and waited for a while and now it is working ,,,,,,,,,,,,,credit to JohnC_21 from bleepingcomputer.com

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

This new tool dramatically improves workflow between designers and developers

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)