Windows 2000 wont startup!!??

rich549 14:21 04 Mar 2005

hi,

yesterday i got a virus on my laptop running windows 2000 profesional, it stated that c:\winnt\system32\services.exe had performed an error at code 180 and windows would close in 60 seconds. After looking in a forum on the internet i was advised to delete the file. i did this and now windows cant load without the services.exe file. Does anyone know wher ei can get a copy of this file from as i no longer have my installation cd and i never got round to making back-up disks etc.

thanks for ya help.

RealDopey 14:36 04 Mar 2005

Boot from your windows CD and then follow the repair procedure

Brollah 14:41 04 Mar 2005

you made the mistake of deleting the file. If I remember correctly that's the blaster worm, the big one that hit almost everyone a few years back. a simple removal tool would have solved it.

You'll have to get hold of a replacement disk, bootdisk.com might be able to help you.

rich549 22:08 04 Mar 2005

hey i got windows starting up again, i managed to get into dos and find that win 2000 had created a new version of services.exe in a different place lol so its all good again.

Ive tried a blaster worm removal tool from symantec and that told me i didnt have the virus so im stumped.

thanks for everyones help....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?