Windows 10 reinstall mouse and keyboard not worki

Stan 12:39 04 Mar 2019

Hi I am in the process of a clean install of windows 10 but as soon as I reach the country I'm in (UK) my keyboard and mouse stop working. I have looked in the bios on f10 but don't see any option to enable them so I'm stuck �thanks

Stan 13:25 04 Mar 2019

Hi Keith Thanks for your reply but I can't even reach desktop as I took the option of the wipe clean they work in startup but I only get as soon as the blue installation screen comes up asking about my country, they stop working.

Stan 13:45 04 Mar 2019

I just tried it but it didn't work �/p>

Stan 17:20 04 Mar 2019

I'm still stumped guys, any ideas?

Stan 12:34 05 Mar 2019

Could it be because my keyboard is wireless? Or should that not matter?

Stan 13:24 05 Mar 2019

Hi Wes yeah the wireless keyboard works in the bios, I have a USB wired mouse and it doesn't work at the country screen �should I try getting a USB stick and download from Microsoft and try installing from the USB or would that just be the same?

Stan 08:52 06 Mar 2019

Update. I'm still stumped any one else had this problem?

Stan 14:29 06 Mar 2019

Any techies available to help?

Bris 16:27 06 Mar 2019

Hi Stan.

The most likely cause of your problem is your wireless mouse & keyboard. I know from experience that you will get all sorts of problems unless you use directly USB connected mouse & keyboard and straight into the PC and not via a hub.

I think that what is happening here is that Windows is switching to some wireless Windows drivers at a certain point that are incompatible with your setup. Your best bet is to invest in a cheap keyboard & mouse, as others have said you can get both for under £15.

I have spent the day cloning drives and testing restores etc and the first thing I do whenever I am doing this sort of work is to forget my expensive setup and switch to a bog standard keyboard & mouse because I know the problems I am going to get otherwise.

Once you have got the system up and running you can then reconnect you wireless setup and Windows will load the necessary drivers, you should even be able to run both sets together.

Stan 17:29 06 Mar 2019

Hi Bris Thanks for your advice I have a cheap mouse wired up at the moment but not a keyboard. I'll buy one and give it a try.

BRYNIT 20:33 06 Mar 2019

Do you have the mouse and keyboard connected to a USB3 port on the computer? if so move them to USB2 ports as some computer sometimes have problems using USB3 ports before windows installs the drivers.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Now On Sale: Price, Specification & Features

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio Lightning (2019)