Windows 10 reinstall mouse and keyboard not worki

Stan 12:39 04 Mar 2019

Hi I am in the process of a clean install of windows 10 but as soon as I reach the country I'm in (UK) my keyboard and mouse stop working. I have looked in the bios on f10 but don't see any option to enable them so I'm stuck �thanks

KEITH 1955 13:18 04 Mar 2019

try this , turn pc off then unplug mouse and keyboard , turn pc on what till you get to desktop then plug them back in and see if you get the new device found bubble message

Stan 13:25 04 Mar 2019

Hi Keith Thanks for your reply but I can't even reach desktop as I took the option of the wipe clean they work in startup but I only get as soon as the blue installation screen comes up asking about my country, they stop working.

KEITH 1955 13:35 04 Mar 2019

just a long shot have you tried scrolling round the various questions screens using arrow keys …… sometimes works , if it works try what I said in previous message

Stan 13:45 04 Mar 2019

I just tried it but it didn't work �/p>

Stan 17:20 04 Mar 2019

I'm still stumped guys, any ideas?

Stan 12:34 05 Mar 2019

Could it be because my keyboard is wireless? Or should that not matter?

wescliff 13:01 05 Mar 2019

It might. I use Logitech, but always keep a cheap USB keyboard/mouse handy just in case. Probably pick these up for a fiver now.

wescliff 13:03 05 Mar 2019

Hold it: just seen that you can F10 into the bios, so it must be recognised.

Stan 13:24 05 Mar 2019

Hi Wes yeah the wireless keyboard works in the bios, I have a USB wired mouse and it doesn't work at the country screen �should I try getting a USB stick and download from Microsoft and try installing from the USB or would that just be the same?

Stan 08:52 06 Mar 2019

Update. I'm still stumped any one else had this problem?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?