Windows 10 PC Recovery Disk

broderick122 13:06 28 Mar 2018

I bought a HP Pavillion windows 8.1 pc a couple of years ago and used the free windows upgrade to update to windows 10, fast forward a couple of years and I need to buy and use a windows recovery disk, my question is which disc will I need ? the windows 8.1 or 10 recovery disk, and when I upgraded to windows 10 did my pc automatically update the recovery image, thank you very much for any advice.

AroundAgain 13:44 28 Mar 2018

You can install Windows 10 from here - click here product number will be embedded in the PC so, as you've already had Win 10, you can re-install it from here.

Your

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:47 28 Mar 2018

The recovery partiton is probably for your win 8 system and will not have been updated you may as well get rid of it.

There will be three partitons need ed on your hard druve

System reserve - which contains the win 10 boot files (hidden- no drive letter)

Recovery - which contains the tools need to perform repair tasks (hidden- no drive letter)

you C: drive containing windows and your files.

You can download the latest version of win 10 free from here by creating the recovery media containing a win 10 iso you will have a bootable USB (or DVD) from which you can make repairs or clean install the latest version of win 10.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus