Windows 10 factory reset issue

RBE73 18:11 06 Mar 2018

Hello all,

I recently found an old laptop of mine which I planned to sell on, but I can't for the life of me work out how to reset it. The laptop in question is an ASUS E200H. I've freed up as much storage as is possible but there still isn't enough to perform a factory reset.

I've wiped all documents, performed a disk cleanup and also uninstalled all unnecessary programmes. I took it to the shop to which I planned to sell it to, and after hours of trying, they too could not work out how to free up the remaining disk space needed. It currently says I need to free up another 340mb roughly.

Going into advanced startup and resetting that way also does not work. If anyone could work out where I'm going wrong or how to I can get around this, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thank you!

beeuuem~2 18:47 06 Mar 2018

Have you tried turning off system restore and reducing the size of the page file?

wee eddie 19:24 06 Mar 2018

It has a 32GB Hard Drive.

You need to look at the size of all the Folders on that Drive and then start reducing from there

BRYNIT 19:49 06 Mar 2018

Have you used Disk clean-up to delete old system files?

Laptops with small 32gb eMMC drive sometimes need an external USB or HDD for the extra space needed. First try connecting a USB flash drive to the laptop with any luck it will treat the USB as extra storage allowing you to reset the laptop if recovery does not detect detect the USB try rebooting with the USB flash drive connected before using the recovery option if it does not work with a USB flash drive try a USB HDD.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?