windows 10 and cordless headphone problem

KEITH 1955 17:41 01 Oct 2016

Tried a set of HW-398M cordless headphones. Windows found and paired them but i got no sound. I went into all sound tabs and return to default and apply were greyed out on all pages. Even stranger when i went to the test sound tab all the frequency tabs were greyed out so when i pressed play nothing happened. yes i did set the headset as the main playback/record object. I would be interested to hear from anyone who had similar problems and what you did about it as i am now unsure about trying a different make in case the same thing happens again.

KEITH 1955 10:33 02 Oct 2016

an update to my thread , i got an email from the seller because i posted this on amazon where i bought it from , the seller sent me a link to get a firmware update to the headphones but you must not do it on a windows 10 pc ? . the email arrived after the goods were returned but i have 1 question .... to future proof the product why was this link not printed in the manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?