Windows 10 boots>white screen at login screen why?

Mohamed Ashraf 14:31 27 Jan 2017
Answered

When I tuned on my laptop ,even before the Asus brand name had appeared ,the screen had completely turned white ,with nothing but the mouse cursor appearing and I couldn't even move it with the touch pad ,but the laptop was stiill working ,cause when I just pressed enter and typed in my password as if everything was still there and I could see what I'm doing ,it did log me in and I saw the home screen with all the icons ,when I plugged in an external mouse ,the cursor started to move again ,but it only right clicked and left click didn't work and when skype opened it also was white ,one reboot later and everything was back to normal ,I just want to know why all this suddenly happened ,I ran bit defender's full system scan and there was nothing wrong with the system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 27 Jan 2017
  Secret-Squirrel 18:29 27 Jan 2017
Answer

.....one reboot later and everything was back to normal......

I frequently find that a simple restart in Windows 8/10 fixes all manner of scary problems that look serious.

Don't worry about what caused it as it probably won't happen again. There's certainly no need to follow FB's link and take your laptop apart as it's clearly not a hardware problem from what you described.

Mohamed Ashraf 17:32 29 Jan 2017

@Fruit Bat/\0/\ thanks for the link ,but I don't think the problem was in the video cable as when the login was successful ,an image had appeared on screen ,plus I hooked an external monitor at the time and it showed the same white screen.

@Secret-Squirrel Hopefully it is just a small bug with windows 10 ,I was terrified for second there.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?