Windows 10 activation Problem Fix

Michael Lishan 14:04 12 May 2018

I have HP and Dell laptops and desktops running windows 10 and 7. They were activated with OEM key when they were bought. The previous IT Officer has activated them again with KMS activation tool but i have the OEM product keys. If i re-install windows with a genuine windows 10 and 7 ISO from microsoft, will i be able to activate these computers with the OEM product key?

rdave13 14:42 12 May 2018

That KMS tool is a bit dodgy?

Michael Lishan 14:55 12 May 2018

I know its dodgy. but i can see my OEM key. the computers were definitely activated correctly before. Will the computers activate online using these keys after i re-install windows?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:15 12 May 2018

Try the 7 first it will not let you download the iso until you put in a genuine code.

rdave13 18:10 12 May 2018

If keys are legit then Windows 10 will auto activate. Windows 7 iso won't download from the Microsoft site as it's OEM rather than retail. You'll need to find another site to download from. Why not create images using Macrium Reflect free so you can restore to an earlier image if things go wrong? Less hassle than a clean install.

lotvic 17:32 13 May 2018

Using the Dell Service tag (on sticker on pc/laptop) download from Dell.

Use the Dell OS Recovery Tool to create a USB recovery drive that you can use to reinstall the version of Windows or Linux that came with your PC.

Dell support iso download click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs