Window 10 hardware upgrade problem

Terry Brown 11:25 06 Dec 2015

I run the Windows 10 compatibility test and it told me my graphics card was not suitable, so I bought a new card which is suitable.

When I re-run the test, it still showed the old card as being in the system, so cannot load windows 10. I assume there is a log file somewhere, which I need to delete to rerun the test.

Any idea's what is is called or another solution please.

Thank you

Terry

Bris 12:00 06 Dec 2015

Check in device manager to see if your old card is still there and if so uninstall the drivers.

alanrwood 12:56 06 Dec 2015

Unfortunately the tool is not clever enough to detect the new card so will continue to show as incompatible. Easiest way round this is to d/l the media creation tool and run that. It will d/l the lastest version and do the update

alanrwood 12:57 06 Dec 2015

sorry meant "latest" (Big fingers)

Terry Brown 16:20 06 Dec 2015

hi Bris My old drivers have been uninstalled only the new ATI drivers are showing, although there are still some Nvidia files on the computer, but I cannot uninstall them as it says they are in use?

xania 10:18 07 Dec 2015

Try loading windows in safe mode and you should then be able to delete all the files

Terry Brown 11:18 07 Dec 2015

xania

Thanks , I'll try that

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France