winantispyware2006 infection

thesut 21:31 02 Apr 2006

does anyone know to get rid of this? my norton firewall is telling me that UWAS6_0001_N69M0903Netinstaller.exe is attemting to acceess the internet.

skidzy 21:38 02 Apr 2006

click here

Try this click here Its very good,maybe having Defender from microsoft will help also

skidzy 21:57 02 Apr 2006

Have you downloaded Prevx ?

If so i believe norton is asking you to give permission for it to update to the latest definitions.

thesut 22:23 02 Apr 2006

what is prevx i haven't knowingly downloaded this i cant see anything refering to this on my pc. I think you are right norton is asking permission to allow access

thesut 22:26 02 Apr 2006

the first link you sent me is scanning at the moment i'll see how that goes

skidzy 22:41 02 Apr 2006

click here

Sorry i cannot assure you how good this program is,as ive never heard of it before.
I would suggest typing Prevx in the PCA search box and see what else is said...if anything.

Hope this helps

thesut 22:42 02 Apr 2006

ewido doesn't do anything all i can think of is block the connection and tick the always use this action box

skidzy 22:44 02 Apr 2006

What do you mean ewido dosnt do anything,do you mean found nothing ?

skidzy 22:52 02 Apr 2006

Have a look in add and remove programs for a program called PREVX

Alternatively,use Start> Search > All files and folders > type PREVX...this will tell you if it is installed on your system,maybe using the advanced search also.

I cannot find anything negative about this program anywhere.

Its looks like an antimalware/spyware program similar to Ewido,spybot,adaware,etc....the ones ive staed are very good...but again no idea about prevx if thats whats on your system.

VoG II 23:18 02 Apr 2006

You do not want this on your system! It is not prevx. Run HJT click here and post a log on the Malware Removal forum click here

Please let us know how you get on.

skidzy 23:31 02 Apr 2006

Vog...If not Prevx,can you explain what it is please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)