WinAmp--Lost Sound.

spuds 19:44 21 May 2003

Whilst using my computer,I have always been able to listen to cd's via WinAmp. Since the weekend, I have found this impossible, due to loss of sound. The WinAmp screen appears and all the tracking title information and devices are shown, just like normal. I have conducted a sound and recording check through the WME system wizard, and all appears okay.

Question:Where as my sound gone??. Any help much appreciated.

Lú-tzé 20:04 21 May 2003

Can you get any sound from your PC? That will narrow down possibilities.

Check device manager for any problems with drivers.

spuds 22:57 21 May 2003

As previously stated, I did a sound check, and all seems okay.Seems funny though, as everything appears as normal with WinAmp, excluding missing sound.

spuds 00:25 23 May 2003

Any further suggestions anyone !!.

powerless 00:36 23 May 2003

Does Wiamp actually shown a track been played, as in the bar moves acroos to indicate time? Do you also get the Amplifer thingeeemaboo that shows the peeks etc in a song - is this working in winamp?

ton 00:43 23 May 2003

Have you checked the Windows volume controls to see what is muted or enabled? You can do this while Winamp is playing.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 08:15 23 May 2003

This Winamp 2 OR 3 ?,could try right click winamp select option/preferences,goto out put and see if the wave dll is selected or try another,or configure and select your sound card output.

spuds 18:57 23 May 2003

Powerless-It shows the track and time, but no peeks etc.

ton- Yes checked the volume control.All okay, just WinAmp with no play sound.

A NICKNAME-Not sure whether it is 1 or 2. Will try your suggestion.

ton 22:29 23 May 2003

Tried re-installing Winamp?

spuds 00:40 24 May 2003

ton-I think that is what I will have to do.

A NICKNAME-Just did as suggested.Went through the following and got these results??.Output states Winamp2 Wave Out.Plug-In v1.03 [out wave dll]. Checked configure-Winamp preference.Wave Out Settings.Status Display Not Active.

Device Microsoft Sound Mapper.Buffer Length 2000ms. Volume Control Enabled.

I have noticed that the middle horizontal slider bar is missing from the mono sequence of the main Winamp Display.

Also I am now getting a start-up warning message: Run-Time Error'424' object required.

Doe's the above make sense!!.

spuds 14:28 24 May 2003

Installed the new Winamp 3.Still the same problem, all the bells and fancy knobs,track information,sound from winamp demo, but no sound via cd-rom even though it picks up the tracking information.I have two cd-rom players fitted, same problem from both units.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?