Last night my Win95 laptop (Pentium 150MHz / 64MB RAM) hanged. I couldn't reboot it so I turned off the main power. There was still power so I then pulled out the battery as well, which definitely did the job. I didn't do anything afterwards as I went to bed.
The next day I found that it wouldn't start up. What's happened? Is it completely dead now?
Nothing happens at all. No beeps. Completely dead. I'm afraid I may have short-circuited something. Would trying to start without the battery help. Could I have just short-circuited the battery or something like that?
I don't have the original Win95 disks. Been too long. Think I've lost them.