Win10 Hardware Startup Loop w/ errors 9C, B4, A2

Anthony Boothroyd 19:32 23 Nov 2016

Hi,

I built my computer sometime May last year. By January the graphics card had burned out so I replaced it, I also upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 at the same time and then the machine started taking minutes to startup opposed to a few seconds. After just a few weeks it became tens of minutes where the computer would reboot over and over.

Now however, the machine will not boot to desktop at all . I have to install the operating system to get to the desktop and then of course I can't restart it to perform driver updates.

So I've kept the machine turned on for the last three weeks, till earlier today when I turned it off. When turning it back on the monitor showed colourful lines suggesting the graphics card had burned out.

Sooo I reinstalled the operating system again, installed the display driver and nothing else, rebooted it and after an hour or so of trying to reboot over and over it went to the desktop.

1]: [click here, now I'm in a pickle and am not sure what to do or what piece of hardware I should replace.

when I start the machine up I get errors 9C B4 and A2, which I believe are all USB related start-up errors.

• GeForce GTX 660 (Driver Ver 375.95)
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
  • 15.93 GB RAM
  • 1920 x 1080 59Hz
  • 450 WAT PSU

Not sure what my motherboard is.

Sooo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch