Win XP Power Scheme

Blazon82 09:26 03 Mar 2005

I am unable to permanantly change the power scheme in Win XP. I just have it shown as Portable/Laptop.
I can change it to Home/Desktop which is what I want, but the next time I reboot it has changed back to Portable/Laptop.
I would appreciate any ideas as how I can keep the changes I make.

Stuartli 09:29 03 Mar 2005

It might seem obvious, but have you clicked Apply and then OK when configuring the setting - also Save As "Home/Desktop"?

Blazon82 11:33 03 Mar 2005

Thanks Stuartli, yes I do that and save the new power scheme, it does save alright, but then when I reboot, it reverts back to the Portable/Laptop setting and the one I have saved has gone

ACOLYTE 11:49 03 Mar 2005

Have you tried the always on setting ? i wouldnt think there is much difference,and you can set the individual settings in the 3 drop down boxes.

Blazon82 18:47 03 Mar 2005

There is no drop down box with the other schemes on it, just Portable/Laptop. Every time I try to add another scheme to it, I see an entry in the registry , hkey_current_user/control panel/power config/power policies. Each time I try, another entry gets added to the registry, so I have about 30 numbers in there, when there should only be 5

Stuartli 09:41 04 Mar 2005

Are you trying to use/configure Hibernate and Standby settings as part of the power options?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?