Win XP Outlook Express

krall 20:08 25 Nov 2004

I am having difficulty opening Sent Items window as cursor seems to lock up. I run SP2 but all was OK until recently.Any help much appreciated.
P.S. INBOX, OUTBOX etc are all running.

Diodorus Siculus 20:12 25 Nov 2004

Is the sent box too full? This has been known to cause problems.

If it is, you can either delete some of the emails in it or create a sub folder and put most of them into it.

krall 20:25 25 Nov 2004

Thanks, Diodorus Siculus
How can I get in this folder to see how full it is? This may sound silly But I simply have no clue!!

krall 20:31 25 Nov 2004

Diodorus Siculus.
Just discovered tatal is 42. Is this too many. Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 20:35 25 Nov 2004

No, 42 is not too many! 4,200 might be verging on too many...

Try click here
Repair IE which may help...

krall 14:43 26 Nov 2004

Diodorus Siculus
Many thanks for suggestion, tried both methods without success.

Graham ® 15:11 26 Nov 2004

Try putting them all in a new folder, as per

click here

If this works, delete the old folder.

krall 16:12 29 Nov 2004

GRAHAM, DIODORUS SICULUS.
Sorry about delay in responding earlier but its been a bit of a struggle! I am unable to put them in another folder simply because I cannot open the original folder. I have managed to do so now by doing the following. I opened the folder c:\Program Files\Outlook Express and noted 2 files msimn and msimn(2). On clicking the former I encountered the same problem, but on clicking the msimn(2) file all is in order. I then transferred a shortcut of this file to the desktop and clicking on this gives me access to the SENT ITEMS window. I am still unable to access the Sent Items if I open OE from the STARTUP MENU!!
I thought I'll try deleting msimn from the Progam File folder and replace it with msimn(2) but it will NOT delete. I do not fancy a reinstall of WINXP if I can help it. Any suggestions most welcome. Incidentally, I have uninstalled SP2 as I suspect the problem started after that install. Kind regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?