Win ME Wireless?

Legslip 13:57 12 Nov 2005

Have installed a Linksys ADSL Home Gateway and can connect one PC to it that runs XP. However I cannot get another PC to connect to the net using a Belkin Wireless Network Card. Is it because I am using ME? I cant see any way of setting it up in ME.

Chegs ® 13:59 12 Nov 2005

The ME PC cannot use WPA encryption,other than that there's no reason why it shouldn't connect thru the router.

Legslip 14:05 12 Nov 2005

Can you advise on how to set up the connection then? Would appreciate some help.

Chegs ® 14:10 12 Nov 2005

I'm certain that this will have been covered in Networking in PCA.I will go and have a shufty for you,save my poor one fingered typing a bit of effort. ;-)

Chegs ® 14:17 12 Nov 2005

click here

Howto setup a PC thru a router.

One of many threads on various OS's and assorted hardware.The basic principle is the same throughout.

Hope it helps. ;-)

Legslip 14:18 12 Nov 2005

Thanks Chegs. Await your advice.

Legslip 14:31 12 Nov 2005

Got the wireless network card communicating OK with the router now, but how do I set up Internet Explorer to conect to the net?

Chegs ® 14:44 12 Nov 2005

To access the net you go to control panel/Internet Options/Connections tab/LAN Settings/Untick the box,and also select Never Dial a Connection from the Connections tab.I've probably missed something,but this is how I have my net setup on my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?