Win ME - Cannot Expand My Documents Folder

FCD 20:50 16 Oct 2003

I have just re-installed ME and have one minor but irritating problem. When I select "Start" - "Documents" and highlight "My Documents" the folder will not expand [although there is an arrow against My Documents]. Very odd!!

I have tried using TweakUI and Taskbar and Start Menu properties - all to no avail so v grateful for any help as to where to lok next.

VMT in advance.

Pesala 21:42 16 Oct 2003

Looking at Win Control, there is a value for submenu show delay. I wonder if that could have got changed by Tweak UI to something enormous. Mine is 400 (milliseconds)

I assume that you do have subfolders in My Documents. I have none in My Pictures so it doesn't expand, but there is no arrow either.

Pesala 21:56 16 Oct 2003

would have the effect you describe. The menu takes 40 seconds to open - long enough to make you think it is not working at all.

FCD 09:51 17 Oct 2003

Many thanks but regret this is not the answer - in fact all the other relevant start menu items [programmes, control panel etc etc] expand ok. It seems to be a problem purely between the Start Menu and the My Documents folder. With everything else up and running, I do not feel like another re-install so I will keep looking.

I wonder if anyone else has any ideas?

Pesala 12:53 17 Oct 2003

I know that's not a solution, but if it works/doesn't work, it might narrow down the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?