Win 88 SE & annoyed any utilities available/

Fitto 16:23 24 Sep 2005

Now look here and please help. I have the above op system and it workd good enough for me, most of time. I am geting the odd prob. see all these "clever' bits of software to resolve probs. P.C. doc 7 the like. But all for XP, 2000 and above. Do they work on XP systems and more importantly do some/any work with 98SE? Help, Fitto

woodchip 16:36 24 Sep 2005

Why do you need them? My main Computer is Win98se I prefer it although I have a XP desktop and XP Laptop. I have a Acronis Image for each computer so any problems not worth me raking my brain about I just load the Image. So any Probs like a VIRUS or anything else would be reigned to the bin when I reloaded a Image. PS I cannot remember the last Blue Screen that I had. What creates problems and havoc with 98 is loading rubbish from cover discs etc. Only put on what you need to accomplish a given job

Pineman100 17:51 24 Sep 2005

If you've got a copy of Windows 88 I reckon Bill Gates will pay you a fortune for it!

Graham ® 20:07 24 Sep 2005

If you have the 98 SE disk, you can perform a repair, which will preserve all your data.

It may be best to identify the problems, it may just be clogged up with unused programs, not been defragged, etc.

Personally, I would steer clear of 3rd party software - you have little control over what it does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?