Will no boot from cd

scorer 17:52 17 Mar 2003

i also bought Linux the complete guide as mentioned in another discussion but am unable to boot from cd.

Motherboard is an gigabyte GA-71xe which accepts the change to cd as first boot in the bios but but alas will not do it Any ideas anyone
Thanks S

powerless 17:56 17 Mar 2003

If the change has been made to boot from CD first did you SAVE the change?

scorer 18:16 17 Mar 2003

yes i did save. i even tried all 3 choices as cd boot but still no joy
S

powerless 18:19 17 Mar 2003

Try and disable the other devices...

So only the CD rive can be booted from. I know it sounds simple but you are inserting Disc 1?

scorer 18:32 17 Mar 2003

Thanks for your reply but i have tried that and the computer just would not boot at all. S

woodchip 18:47 17 Mar 2003

Give Taran a shout, I am not shure on this one, you could load a CD Dos Driver then remove it after from Autoexec.bat file or it may work with the Win98 startup Floppy to load drivers but I do not know what to run on the CD as they are all .RPM files it's not like windows with a startup file

scorer 19:16 17 Mar 2003

Thanks for your reply but as i understand it cd drivers are loaded in from floppy start disk as standard but that is not the problem. At present if i select cd rom as 1st boot it and disable other choices the computer just hangs with a black screen .S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?