Will modifying my PC case to fit a GPU work?

DannyDanDan 11:33 23 Dec 2015

I recently spent £150 on a dell pc with the intent on upgrading it. Little did I know Dell is apparently to good to be like everyone else and use an ATX Mobo. I'm planning on installing a Gigabyte GTX 960 into my pc, along with a 500w power supply to run it. The motherboard has one 16x PCI Express slot, so I dont think installing it should be a problem (other than getting round the integrated graphic). Because my case is too small, the only way to install the new power supply would be to get a new case. One my motherboard cant install into. I cant get a new Mobo because I bought this for the 1TB hard drive and 8gb Ram, I also cant return it because I've already installed Windows 10 and deleted Windows.old. So I'm left with a problem where I cant do anything. But what if I 'extend' my case. Modify it so a new power supply and GPU can fit, and so I can connect my monitor to the GPU. Nothing overly fancy, I'd just be extending the side panel to hold the new GPU, maybe with cardboard or plastic or something. So my question, would it work and how should I go about doing it? The GPU I plan on getting is click here my MOBO is a 0m863n. I was told aslong as it had a PCIE x16 slot the GPU will fit fine, and I'm not sure on what PSU I'm going to get . Thanks for your time.

and

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France