Will this gaming PC work?

DavidRaw 11:04 04 May 2014

This is going to be my first time building a gaming PC. I have a fairly large amount of knowledge about doing so however.

Before I spend a lot of money (around £800 budget) I want to be doubly sure all the different components will work together So will it work? Are there any changes I should make?

• Corsair Carbide 500R microATX Midi PC Tower,
  • Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W,
  • Asus DVD-RW Drive,
  • Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive,
  • ASUS H87-PLUS ATX Intel H87 Motherboard,
  • Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core (3.4GHz),
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual SC w/ EVGA ACX Cooler,
  • G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz
  rtp8™ 00:12 05 May 2014

<< I want to be doubly sure all the different components will work together So will it work? >>

Theoretically it should work but no guarantee until you've but them all together & wait for the wonderful beep.

<< Are there any changes I should make? >>

Your motherboard supports upto 1600 Mhz DDR3 ram only so your G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz won't run at the maximum speed as you might have wanted.

DavidRaw 12:14 05 May 2014

Thank you for the reply. You have a good point there with the RAM speed. I only just noticed myself. I think I will go with the Ripjaws instead.

Another question - I have almost no knowledge of the power supply. What power supply will be best for my build?

NOTE: The case I am buying comes with 4 fans and I plan on adding up to three more in the future (there is also the cpu fan) - Will I be able to hook up this many fans with the motherboard and power supply I have?

Cheers

DavidRaw 13:29 05 May 2014

Okay, thanks for the reply. So will the Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W do fine?

And also does anyone have any recommendations for a fan controller? And how exactly do they work? - Do they attach to the outside of your case or is it a separate unit?

DavidRaw 16:33 05 May 2014

Another question that has just come to mind: I want to invest all my money in to the main computer itself. This means I want to save buying a monitor for the time being. Now here's the question: Can I use my 47" LG lcd TV as a monitor?

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?