WildTangent Spywear

ExPara 22:25 22 Nov 2004

I have downloaded WildTangent onto my computer, I think it came with AIM, from AOL. Spybot picks it up on a scan but is unable to completely remove it. It still shows up in my start folder. Also, in C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent it has a folder with two sub folders containing 19 files, totaling 571KBs. It does not show up in Control Panel, Add/Remove so I am unable to un-install it that way. Any body any ideas of a fix?

stalion 22:29 22 Nov 2004

click here is this the program if so it is not spyware

stalion 22:38 22 Nov 2004

if not run adaware

VoG II 22:38 22 Nov 2004

click here

stalion - either you or I are having senior moments. Regards

stalion 22:43 22 Nov 2004

I'm having a cup of tea,but I could be having a senior moment as well it's a free country ;o))

ExPara 19:54 24 Nov 2004

I have read the web pagers that you both suggested. "Stalion", I think that if you peruse the web page suggested by "VoG", you will be able to determine if WildTangent is spywear or not. I will try the fix suggested on the web page.

ExPara 17:26 27 Nov 2004

I have managed to uninstall WildTangent. What I have left is 4 files in "C:\WINDOWS\wt". The files are :- data.wts, wt3d.dll, wt3d.ini and wtvh.dll. Do these files belong to WildTangent and is it safe to delete them?

VoG II 17:29 27 Nov 2004

Yes, it is safe to delete them.

ExPara 17:36 27 Nov 2004

I will give it a go. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 27 Nov 2004

'WildTangent' definately spyware once had it when I downloaded a game then found it was dialling up to net on a regular basis.

Delete C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent and C:\WINDOWS\wt and run Crap Cleaner click here to fix issues in the registry.

ExPara 21:39 28 Nov 2004

Can you help? I thought that I had removed everything associated with "WildTangent". I still have an entry under System Config'> Startup.
Under Startup Item is an entry:- cdaEngine0400.
Under Command:- RUNDLL32.exe "C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll",cdaEngineMain
Under Location:- SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
I have disabled it from starting up. I may sound thick but, how can I clear it from the Startup list? I hope this is the end of the WildTangent saga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?