WiFi Router - can't edit connected devices list

lotvic 23:19 28 Sep 2018
Answered

I've recently changed ISP and got new router, I connected my printer via WiFi to router but have now changed my mind and only want printer connected to desktop pc via its own WiFi.

I thought it would be simple but there seems to be no way on my NowTV Hub Two to remove any Wireless device once it's been added. All the info I can find entails changing the password and then having to redo connecting all the other devices.

I'm wondering, are all routers like this now?

Secret-Squirrel 11:28 29 Sep 2018

When you need to remove a saved wireless network then it's done from the device itself and not the router. It's always been like that.

In your situation, remove the printer from your device then add a new printer and instead connect to the "WiFi Direct" (or whatever your printer manufacturer calls it) network.

lotvic 11:40 29 Sep 2018

Thanks SS, I'll do it later today when back on desktop pc.

lotvic 13:29 05 Oct 2018

Not got sorted yet. When I scan and save I get a duplicate file saved, don't know what that's all about...

lotvic 13:29 06 Oct 2018
Answer

Uninstalled printer and it's software completely and reinstalled it from scratch. All is now in order :)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs