WiFi adapter disables without cause wont enable

JosephBrown 10:42 29 Mar 2017

Specs: Windows 7 Professional Intel Wireless-N 7260 network adapter. Intel Core i7-2920XM, 2.5GHz, 8MB From about May last year i started having this problem with my laptop where I get a limited connectivity sign on my wifi icon, and then when i click on available wifi signals only the one i was connected to appears (when i know there are about 5 signals in range), Wifi capabilities then completely stops. if i go to device manager and view the wifi driver, it will say it is disabled, then when i go to enable it device manger freezes and i have to force close it. The only solution is to manually troubleshoot the wifi connection, this probably works a 1/3 of the time. Other than that i have to reset my computer. Sometimes the same issue occurs when i put my computer to sleep. In June i gave up and decided it was a hardware issue and so i bought a new wireless card, everything was up until about 2 weeks ago where the issue has started to comeback. Re-seating the adapter does not fix the issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 29 Mar 2017

MAke sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless card.

If still causing problems a USB wireless dongle may be the easiest way to solve it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?