wierd and unexpected fps lag during games

Páncél Péter 12:38 25 Feb 2018

Hello. I have just bought a pretty good gaming pc (specs down below), I play CS:GO, Fortnite on it mostly, and the problem is that if i play for an extended period of time,(3 hours), or i play fortnite and after that i play CS:GO, it is lagging so much. The lag is like i have 25-30 fps, it looks really bad, but i have more then 300fps at all times. Only thing that solves it temporarily if i restart my computer.

specs:

CPU: intel core i7 7700k GPU: asus gtx1050ti 4gb motherboard: asus strix b250G RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x4GB 2400MHz SSD : Kingston 240GB power: Thermaltke TR2 S 650W OP: Windows 10

MJS WARLORD 15:49 25 Feb 2018

is the pc a ready built or a custom built one , do any of your fans sound like they are working hard , if yes then part of your system could be struggling , unless you have a fault the only weak point I see in your system is the ram , most games rigs have 16gb..... I googled the ram and see they are not cheap.... if you can afford to do it I would get some more ram.... if you cant see any empty ram slots don't open the case run a program called belarc advisor and it will tell you if you have any empty ram slots where it lists the ram you are using.

depending on where you got the pc you could void the guarantee by fitting it yourself..... one thing you could try is increasing the size of the virtual memory , type advanced settings into search box then tick the top entry ,click performance then advanced , at the bottom you will see a tab for virtual memory.

next tick the custom size button , I have both my drives set to initial 2000 mb and the max set to 3000 mb

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?