Wi Fi and built in webcam camera missing

schmoukiz 09:33 24 Apr 2015

Hello, I have two strange problems with a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5545 laptop, running Windows 8.1.

1. The wi-fi is not detected when I turn of the computer. It shows the symbol for signal with a plus next to the clock. So each time I start, I have to go to Network and Sharing / Change adapter settings / right click the wireless (it is a Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG) - Disable and then Enable.

After that it works fine, but I have to do this each time.

1. The built in webcam is missing completely. Is not listed in Device Manager, there's not even a section for images devices.

The other day, I wanted to see if there's something in Bios, but I failed to catch the moment when you can enter it. So right after starting Windows, without activating wifi or anything, I pressed restart. And: surprise. The computer started with everything working right away. The wifi adapter logged to the network without disable/enable and when I looked at the Device Manager, there was a section Imaging devices or so, and USB camera listed. I was even able to use the webcam perfectly.

From than on, when I open the computer it's all as usual: the webcam missing and the wifi needs to be disabled.

Is there a possibility I could make it start with these components like it did after that reboot? :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?