Why won't RealPlayer work in TV Ark website?

CurlyWhirly 18:43 05 Sep 2004

I have recently found a website that I like but unfortunately I can't get RealPlayer to work when streaming the video file!
RealPlayer works with other websites but NOT with click here!
When attempting to play a video clip the screen says 'Connecting' and then immediately 'Stopped' comes up with nothing to look at but a blank screen!

I have uninstalled the old version of RealPlayer and downloaded a new version but this makes NO difference.
Can someone please advise?
CW

VoG II 18:49 05 Sep 2004

All I can say is I've just tried it and it works fine for me. Version Ten of Real Player.

stalion 18:53 05 Sep 2004

just been to site clicked on a program and it eventually played in real player after 2 minutes.Also downloaded a program by right clicking on it and it plays ok

CurlyWhirly 20:19 05 Sep 2004

Thanks for replying.
I have found a way around the problem and that is to save the fle directly to my Download folder on my hard drive by right clicking on the RealPlayer icon and selecting 'Save target as...'

I can then play the file back using my (updated) version 10 of RealPlayer.
It strikes me as odd that I can play EVERY other site's video streams EXCEPT this one!
Do you (or anyone else) know how I can tweak my RealPlayer settings?
Thanks for your help again!
CW

CurlyWhirly 20:20 05 Sep 2004

Thanks for replying.
I have found a way around the problem and that is to save the file directly to my Download folder on my hard drive by right clicking on the RealPlayer icon and selecting 'Save target as...'

I can then play the file back using my (updated) version 10 of RealPlayer.
It strikes me as odd that I can play EVERY other site's video streams EXCEPT this one!
Do you (or anyone else) know how I can tweak my RealPlayer settings?
Thanks for your help again!
CW

CurlyWhirly 20:21 05 Sep 2004

CW

CurlyWhirly 06:29 06 Sep 2004

bump

CurlyWhirly 18:21 06 Sep 2004

Not to worry as it is only THIS site that is affected I will just download the video clips that I need to hard drive in order to be able to play them!
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?