Why have I got a Radeon 9800 Pro ?

Derek 13:32 06 Jun 2005

Bought it 12 months ago when I said to the retailer (a friend) send me a decent graphics card.
Now I have two PC's, one with this 9800Pro in it , and the other has a 'cheapo' card costing about £26. I really cannot see the difference in the pictures that I see on the screen but, perhaps I'm not using it to full advanage ?

My interests are the usual office stuff including a high level of publishing with pics and clip art, photography using a top end SLR and on this score the pictures are beautifully produced.

What do you reckon I ought to load to see the results of such a 'decent' graphice card.
I bought "Battlefield '42" a long time ago but found the opening Getting Started a bit overpowering, so put it on one side.
Question - should I load a game from the recent PCA (DVD) CD...what do you advise.

KIndest regards Derek Miles.

Diodorus Siculus 13:47 06 Jun 2005

If it does what you want, then don't complain - it could well be overkill though for simple 2d rendering.

If you are not into gaming, then any basic card should do the job for you with no problems.

Completealias 13:51 06 Jun 2005

Any recent pc game like doom3 or half life 2 would push your graphics card. If you aren't into gaming then as has been said a lower end spec card will do you just fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?