Why Does This Site Keep Freezing?

RV510 17:44 24 Dec 2015

I find that this site is very unstable and keeps freezing, the pages keep jumping about and when typing a reply to posts the type text box disappears and it is often hit and miss to be able to complete typing a reply without having to close everything out and come back and attempt to do it all over again, it's even difficult typing as letters get missed out and words with no spaces and when clicking the 'post' button everything either takes an age to move on or greys out. I'm beginning to worry that it's going to muck up my computer and I may need to close my account for this site but again, there seems no option available. I have no problems with any other sites, never have, it's just this one.

[DELETED] 17:59 24 Dec 2015

I'm getting no problems running IE11 as admin on Windows 10. I'm not running an ad-blocker just Spywareblaster.

lotvic 18:27 24 Dec 2015

RV510, you'll get used to it... ;p

[DELETED] 18:56 24 Dec 2015

It's also ok on Firefox that's running an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas to both or you.

[DELETED] 18:58 24 Dec 2015

Hmmm - change 'or' to 'of'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 24 Dec 2015

No problems on Chrome all day

as suggested block the ads it those that cause the freezing on here.

Try Ad block pro or ghostery or both :o)

wee eddie 20:35 24 Dec 2015

The site has its moments. I experience what you describe while I am on my phone. So it could be partially related to your download speed

RV510 21:44 24 Dec 2015

Tried replying to a post in another thread earlier, clicked the 'post' button, circling dots, one hour later all frozen, Ctrl>Alt>Del, log off and restart again, hopeless. Download speed here is about 6Mbs. The speed that pages load, or do not as the case might be and the way they act I find are the ones that carry a lot of advertisements.

[DELETED] 22:01 24 Dec 2015

That's why Edge is useless for this site. A video or two downloads and a myriad of adverts. No ad-blocker available and spywareblaster doesn't work with it.

PCA forums would certainly die if no other browser available in my humble opinion.

RV510 22:59 24 Dec 2015

There was another computer magazine based forum that bit the dust earlier this year just after the magazine itself ended publication, mentioning no titles!

Forum Editor 11:45 27 Dec 2015

"I'm beginning to worry that it's going to muck up my computer"

That is not possible.

As for closing your account, I hope it doesn't come to that, but if you decide you no longer wish to use our site, just stop using it - there's no need to close anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf