Built a pc with; Case-Cosair Obsidian 750 Full Tower ATX Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX AMD Ryzen X470-F GAMING AM4 ATX Processor-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Gen2 8 Core AM4 Liquid cooler-Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB Memory-Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 PSU-Corsair HX850i 850W Full Modular GPU-AMD Radeon RX 590 Red Devil 8GB GDDR5 M.2 SSD-Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB 960 EVO PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe HDD-WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Internal Optical Drive-ASUS x24 DVD/CD Re-Writer with M-DISC Support Monitor-Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor – HDMI
- Fitted the CPU on the motherboard
- Fitted the RAM on B-2 A-2 DIMM
- Fitted the motherboard to the case and secured it with the relevant screws
- Fitted the fans to the AIO radiator
- Secured the AIO radiator to the top of the case
- Changed the AIO cooler Intel bracket for the AMD CPU bracket
- Fitted and secure the AIO cooler to the CPU
- Fitted the GPU to the PCI-e slot and secured it to the case
- Fitted the PSU to the case
- Connected the 24 pin ATX to the PSU and the motherboard
- Connected the 8 Pin ATX to the PSU and the motherboard
- Connected the AIO cooler fans to the motherboard AIO fan connector
- Connected the AIO USB to a USB header on the motherboard
- Connected the front panel to the motherboard
- Connected the 8 and 6 pin connectors to the PGU and the PSU
- Connected the back and front case fans to the motherboard
- Fitted the M.2 SSD to the motherboard At this stage no HDD or Optical drives were connected to the PSU or SATA ports on the motherboard
- Connected the keyboard and mouse
- Connected via HDMI from the GPU to monitor
- Powered on the HDMI monitor
- Powered on the pc, the PSU was working, all fans were working, all RGB on the motherboard, the AIO, the RAM and the light on the GPU were working
- The Standby power LED was ON BUT the Q LEDs went through their sequence but the GREEN LED stays on indicating there is a problem with the motherboard booting process. The motherboard’s BIOS does not BOOT up there is no POST, I do not get the splash screen and cannot enter the EUFI/BIOS as there is no display on the monitor. I have tried three different monitors with different assortment of cables and adaptors HDMI to HDMI, HDMI to DVI-D, DVI-D to DVI-D and nothing shows on the monitors. All fans are working on the case, liquid cooler, PSU and the GPU included. Checked all connections and they are all plugged in their respective headers.
Now, as I understand it and I stand to be corrected, the BIOS/Post should boot even if there is no SSD/HDD connected. Normally when the OS is missing you get a BIOS screen, some logo or POST information and then an error like "operating system not found, insert bootable device and press any key to try again" but I get nothing! Is the problem with the motherboard or possibly with the CPU or the GPU?
Any help will be most appreciated!
@Fruit Bat /\0/\ I have tried inserting the RAM in different DIMM first one stick, then the other stick and the both sticks in different combinations of DIMM slots it makes no difference it still does not boot.
Unlikely, but you haven't mentioned Thermal Paste
@wee eddie Thermal paste was already applied on the new cooler pump as is common practice manufactures.'
Not that common
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.