Why do I have 2 Adobe Flash programs on my PC?

FuchsiaEast 15:50 01 Jan 2016

Happy New Year, one and all! When I turned on my PC this morning, a notice to install an update to Adobe Flash Player 20 NPAPI was staring me in the face. I installed it, then went to my Add/Remove list to get the exact number of the update to add to a very long list of programs, repairs, hardware, techs, updates, etc. that I maintain for my own reference and in case a repair tech asks me a question to which I don't have the immediate answer at the tip of a very old and worn out brain cell.

For a long time I've wondered why I have both Adobe 10 Active X and Adobe Flash Player 20 NPAPI, but other demands on my time have kept me from asking. I don't recall the last time there was an update on 10, and it seems 20 has been having the most updates. The last update for 10 Active X is 10.1.53.64, and for 20 NPAPI is 20.0.0.267, which I installed today. Do I need them both, or can I uninstall one of them?

In case you need it, I still use XP, and my browser is Firefox. Thank you!--Fuchsia

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 01 Jan 2016

The ActiveX is for Internet Explorer and the plugin is for all other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.).

FuchsiaEast 16:29 01 Jan 2016

Aha! Thank you, Fruit Bat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)