Why am I still missing the October 2018 update?

olyman 16:32 12 Mar 2019

I'm not particularly bothered but surely by now I should have this update? My PC is only a year old - Zoostorm Intel 3ghz i5, 16gb ram, 256Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, so shouldn't have any compatibility problems. I wonder if the Intel Spectre problems haven't been addressed. I've had nothing from Intel or Zoostorm and assumed that it had been settled in previous Windows security fixes.

Gordon Freeman 17:58 12 Mar 2019

I've been wondering the same thing...2 machines still on 1803. All I get are cumulative updates and definition updates for defender. I don't have any idea what's going on with roll out of 1809, unless they're going to mass roll out whatever the next spring update might be.

lotvic 18:15 12 Mar 2019

I also have 2pcs still on 1803 and same as per Gordon Freeman for updates.

olyman 20:08 12 Mar 2019

Like you both I get cumulative updates, Defender etc. I think that the problem may lie with Intel. I should have stuck with AMD!

qwbos 16:05 13 Mar 2019

You could try running the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.

olyman 16:31 13 Mar 2019

I had tried the ID&SA. It updated the graphics and installed Rapid Storage Technology - whatever that does - but didn't affect updates.

olyman 16:33 13 Mar 2019

As a point of interest is it only PCs with Intel CPUs that have this problem?

wiganken2 17:41 13 Mar 2019

Try 'Settings' / 'Windows Update' / 'Advanced Options' and turn ON "Automatically download updates, even over metered data connection". After doing this then click on "Check for Updates" and see if it then 'finds' the upgrade to v1809. Good luck.

lotvic 18:48 13 Mar 2019

Mine are intel i3 and i5

Manually checking for updates made no difference. PCs are working fine so haven't felt the need to force install update to 1809.

john bunyan 19:36 13 Mar 2019

Try this DNS fix. Worked for me a few months ago . Nothing to lose.

DNS

The fix of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 worked. I thought that this had been fixed and I have now switched back to automatic

john bunyan 19:48 13 Mar 2019

PS I thought Gordon Freeman had sorted this in my earlier thread

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?