Which of these options shall I use to start my pc

Graham Bradley 13:27 12 May 2018

Continue

Use a device

Troubleshooting

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 12 May 2018

and what is the error that has led you to this menu?

op system 10 7 ?

make and model of machine? laptop desktop?

I'm afraid we are a computer forum not a pyscic forum- our mind reading skills are rather lacking :0(

Graham Bradley 16:05 13 May 2018

Ha! Sorry about that

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LAPTOP-94A56CH2 System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire one 1-431 System Type x64-based PC System SKU AO1-431106D1.11

Graham Bradley 16:49 13 May 2018

When I switch it on I get the Acer logo and underneath it says "preparing automatic repair" Then another screen appears which says "diagnosing your PC"

Then the blue screen appears and it says "automatic repair your PC did not start correctly press restart which can sometimes fix the problem or advanced options to repair your PC"

The restart option doesn't do anything I just get the Acer logo with circling dots underneath it which goes on until the battery runs out

So I would like advice about the "advanced options" to see if I can get beyond this circle I'm going round and round with

Graham Bradley 16:53 13 May 2018

I've tried the reset option but the result is it just says " additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed clear some space and try again"

But of course the entire computer it is in shutdown so I can't get onto it to do anything like clearing space so that doesn't make much sense!

Graham Bradley 18:41 13 May 2018

I've tried the reset option but the result is it just says " additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed clear some space and try again"

But of course the entire computer it is in shutdown so I can't get onto it to do anything like clearing space so that doesn't make much sense!

Graham Bradley 19:43 13 May 2018

Looking on the in internet on my phone I've gone into command prompt on done a disc check which is now at stage 4 in the black window in the middle of the screen

What do I do after this has finished?

Graham Bradley 19:51 13 May 2018

The disk check is finished

It says Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems

and then there's statistics

and then at the bottom it says "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50"

What do I do now?

Graham Bradley 02:41 14 May 2018

no-one knows! : (

Graham Bradley 18:49 14 May 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Best art and design exhibitions in 2018

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus