which office version

conrail 15:50 30 Apr 2010

I keep reading about office 2003 and 2007, some magazines talk about them as though they are two different programs, please excuse my ignorance here, but are they? I have office XP, where does that come into the equasion?
for information I am running vista home premium 64bit but I used office xp on my last pc running xp home

Woolwell 16:23 30 Apr 2010

Office XP is an older version of Office 2003 and Office 2007 with Office 2010 out in beta format.
2007 was a significant upgrade and introduced the ribbon interface which is why it may be talked about as 2 different programs. There are different versions of Office but all come with Word and Excel. Other versions include Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
OpenOffice is a free program that in many ways has the look and feel of Office XP and 2003 and is nearly as good as the MS version.

conrail 17:37 30 Apr 2010

thanks Woolwell that has cleared things up for me, I have often seen magazine comments saying in 2003 you do this but in 2007 you do that instead so I thought I would ask to find out where xp fits in, I appreciate your help, again many thanks

Sea Urchin 19:23 30 Apr 2010

Windows XP - known as Windows 2002

This link shows the history of all the versions

click here

conrail 21:04 30 Apr 2010

I appreciate that Sea Urchin, it is a very interesting read. thanks for your reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Gmail : comment annuler l’envoi d’un e-mail ?